GCCSD is a non-denomination church mainly consisting of oversea born first generation and American born second generation believers and seekers. In the near term, the English Pastor will stabilize and grow the English congregation and all English related ministries with priorities on second generation youth and young adults. In the long term, with God’s calling and demonstrated spiritual maturity and caliber amidst the thriving English ministries, the English Pastor may assume a larger role to lead the entire church into the next phase of growth.
In collaboration with fellow pastors and the Deacon Board, the English Pastor will provide spiritual leadership to lead and equip English congregants in ministries such as teaching, evangelism, worship, fellowship, caring, counseling, and social concerns based on each person’s gifts and commitments. More specifically, the English Pastor is expected to perform the following duties:
- Work with fellow pastors and the Deacon Board to provide leadership for the fulfilling of Church’s vision and missions.
- Minister to the English congregants, including adults and youth in college, high school, and middle school.
- Follow the Great Commission to lead the congregation to spread the Gospel in the local communities, places afar and online in collaboration with missions and fellowship deacons.
- Faithfully preach and teach the Word on pulpit and in English Sunday School classrooms.
- Design and schedule English Sunday School curriculum for the youth and adults in collaboration with Christian education deacon.
- Conduct Holy Communion, baptismal services and pastoral prayers. Coordinate worship services with worship deacon
- Create English fellowship meeting schedules and plans in collaboration with fellowship deacon. Regularly and actively participate in English fellowship meetings.
- Shepherd the flocks with family role model and discipleship. Care congregants through regular visitation and fellowship. Coordinate visitation schedule with fellow pastors.
- Lead weekly prayer meeting of the English congregation.
- Hold on average 20 hours of regular office hours per week in church facility.
- Participate in pastor fellowship meetings, church wide events and deacon board meetings.
- Lead parents and coworkers in children ministries.
The English Pastor is to work with fellow pastors and deacons of the church for spiritual and ministry responsibilities. The English Pastor will provide annual reports and be evaluated by the Deacon Board for ministry effectiveness. Moreover, he will be reviewed by the congregation every three years.
- Minimum BA in ministry or theology
- In full agreement with GCCSD’s statement of faith and theological standing
- Meet the requirements as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Native fluency in English
- Church planting and/or new ministry startup experience preferable
- Be able to communicate in Mandarin a plus
For further information, please send your inquiries by email
Download English Pastor Job Description
Download GCCSD Statement of Faith